Grade 2

Friday, January 30, 2015

Math Practices

       
Given that it is almost half-way through our school year, it's a good time to refresh our minds with our 8 Mathematical Practices. In Grade 2 we focus on a few practices each math class. We review them before we start the lesson and reflect at the end about how we incorporated them. Read up on our Mathematical Practices below:

1. I can solve problems without giving up.

2. I can think about numbers in many ways.

3. I can explain my thinking and try to understand others.

4. I can show my work in many ways.

5. I can use math tools and explain why I used them.

6. I can work carefully and check my work.

7. I can use what I know to solve new problems.

8. I can solve problems by looking for rules and patterns. 

No comments:

Post a Comment